Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Running Away.

When are you to old to run away? Does it stop when you become a parent? I hope not. Today is one of those days where I am looking at all this snow and the storm that is supposed to be following, and wondering how long it would take me to pack my suitcase. With the nature storm seems to come the life storm. I swear mother nature woke up today and said "Ha! I will wreak havoc on NY and make people house bound. Then they will fight with their spouses." I hate that bitch today.
Apparently, all duties in this house belong to me and only me. Why? Because I stay home all day. Well, news flash, when I did work, the majority of the duties still fell on my plate too. Is this because I am the woman in the relationship? If so, im signing up for a sex change. I've always wanted to be able to pee just about anywhere anyway!
I dont mind doing these things, as long as there is some appreciation. There are 4 people in this house, 3 dogs, and 2 cats....thats a buttload of stuff to do on a daily basis. There are days where I give up and take a break. There are days where I play catch up, and there are days where I feel overwhelmed and ask for help. Today was one of those days. Hence the lifestorm. I love my husband, to pieces even. But I swear if he tells me ONE more time that I am home all day I should do it myself, he will be wearing female clothes, because I WILL throw his clothes out. I dont wear them, if I wash them, that is a priveledge, not something you should expect. If I ask you to throw a load of clothes in, dont bitch. I didnt ask you to scrub the toilet on your hands and knees like I am, I didnt ask you to scoop poop out of the litter box, I didnt ask you to scrub stuck on food off of plates that never got done at dinner. I asked you to pick up a load of laundry and throw it in the washer. Pour some soap in and shut the lid. Job complete.
Now, dont get me wrong.... I wouldnt want to do his job either. He works 2nd shift and his day is pretty much shot. I understand this. I appreciate the work he does so that we have the washer. but, he also gets weekends off. My duties extend these days as well. Theres always laundry, vacuuming, and food. Always. Heaven forbid one day I actually do run away...just to Barnes and Noble for an hour or two. The house would fall to the ground lol.
Now, I am sure I am making this sound much worse than it is. This is not an every day thing. My husband is not an Ogre who does nothing at all..... he just happend to be on my bad side today. So for the rest of the day, I guess I will dream about running away and having a sexy cabana boy bring me fruity drinks in a coconut cup!
**i can almost smell the ocean breeze blowing......nope thats the laundry soap I have to use to do the laundry. OH WELL..... **

No comments:

Post a Comment